Information on this page supplements information provided on the Georgia Tech Environmental Health and Safety website.
RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES
In the event of an emergency, call GT Campus Police
at 4-2500 or 404-894-2500.
Please remember that you should never dial 911.
Dialing 911 will delay response time.
Dealing with Emergencies (Ford ES&T and Bunger-Henry)
Specific guidelines for responding to all non-medical emergencies.
Dealing with Medical Emergencies (Ford ES&T and Bunger-Henry)
Specific guidelines for responding to a medical emergency.
Important Information about Accident/Incident Reports
It is mandatory to complete a report after an accident/incident. The report will not only provide accurate documentation of the event but it will also serve as a learning tool for others.
ChBE Accident/Incident Report Form
This form contains convenient "print" and "email" tabs for expediency. Once the form has been completed, please print a copy, sign it, have your advisor (if any) sign it and submit a copy to Dr. Rousseau and a copy to Dr. Nair.
SAFETY RESOURCES AND DOCUMENTS
- Safety Training Checklist for ChBE Researchers
- Georgia Tech Safety Policies & Procedures
- Lab Safety Manual
- New Georgia Tech Policies on Personnel Protective Equipment and Appropriate Attire
- Q&A on the New Personnel Protective Equipment and Appropriate Attire Policies
- Basic Chemical Safety and Laboratory Survival Skills
- Georgia Right to Know (RTK) Law Training Module
- Georgia Tech Emergency Action Plan
- Georgia Tech Sexual Violence Prevention and Advocacy Initative
- Georgia Tech Office of Research Compliance
- Shipping Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Materials
- Chemical Safety
- Chemical Specific RTK Training Module
- Hazardous Waste Awareness RTK Training Module
- MSDS access
- How to Translate an MSDS
- Chematix Chemical Inventory System
- “The Safety Zone”—C&E News Blog with Reports of Recent Accidents and Safety News
- Chemical Safety Board