- Algorithmic developments in data-driven modeling and optimization
- Big-Data approaches for optimization of energy efficiency
- Simulation-based optimization under uncertainty for CO2 sequestration
- Process modeling and optimization for drug design & manufacturing
The role of computer simulations and data is continuously growing, since scientific discovery heavily relies on computer simulations, while at the same time advanced instrumentation is enabling the collection of large amounts of data. Dr. Boukouvala’s research interests lie on the interface of traditional Process Systems Engineering, mathematical programming and advanced data-analytics for the development of novel modeling and optimization tools, driven by applications in energy and pharmaceuticals.
- Energy and Sustainability