- Process design, simulation, scheduling, and control
- Design and operation of processes that minimize waste production by recovery of useful products from waste stream
- Carbon capture from flue gas and air streams
- Algae based process analysis and design
Dr. Realff’s broad research interests are in the areas of process design, simulation, and scheduling. His current research is focused on the design and operation of processes that minimize waste production by recovery of useful products from waste streams, and the design of processes based on biomass inputs. In particular, he is interested in carbon capture processes both from flue gas and dilute capture from air as well as the analysis and design of processes that use biomass.
Realff is the David Wang Sr. Fellow.
- Energy and Sustainability
- Complex Systems